Thursday, October 7, 2010

"I enjoy giving a Tupperware party in my home. It gives me a chance to talk to my friends. But really, Tupperwear is a homemaker's dream, you save time and money because your food keeps longer."


What are the various reasons women might participate in a business run largely from their homes? (extra spending money, socialization, boredom, ect.)

Are such cottage industries as prevalent today as they were in the 1970s?

Forty years ago, were men as likely to run their businesses from home? What about today?

Such parties are designed to make us think that we can't live without these products. Come to think of it, how did we ever live without Tupperwear?

Based on the body language of this Tupperwear lady's captive audience, are they sold on the product?

 Discuss the clothing, hair styles, and 70s room decor.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great image and it makes me want to go back in time and live in a suburb. Just for those tupperware parties.
    I like the boots and the shag carpet.
    Great narrative in the photo.

    ReplyDelete